Wednesday, September 24, 2008

{design: books, cases, and libraries}

I recently saw on blogger Alkemie's click here blog, her amazing post on home libraries. I was swept away, because I too, am obsessed with bookcases and books. I'm having some beautiful, ceiling high, bookcases built into the new addition of the cabin, and was thrilled to see these ideas.

Do you remember when JFK Jr. gave the interview about his mothers' passing, and he said, "She was surrounded by her friends and her family and her books and the people and the things that she loved." That has always stuck with me, not only because he was talking about the great, Jackie O., but because her books made the top three list, right up there with her friends and family, all the way to the end.

I searched for the picture of an incredible library/dining room that I've saved for years but couldn't find in time for this post. UGH.







Karl Lagerfeld's impressive book room. How cool that they are all placed horizontally.





Alkemie's book recommendation available from Amazon.


I also have this pic in my Design/Inspriation book, and am using it as a guide for an existing room in the cabin that I want to transform into a room like this.
I hope you are as inspired by these pics as I am! I've sat and inspected every last detail a thousand times... obsessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ME BRENDA BIBLIOPHILE! You should see my book wishlist on amazon! LOVED the post. Great info to have handy for future reference when YOU, my dear, help me create my dream home! :) I truly enjoyed how each room showcased the books differently and with such style!

Melissa M. Enriquez said...

Bren,
I can't wait until you assign me with your dream house design duties! We'll add bookcases (and possibly an entire library, for the kids of course) to the list :)
xoxo,
MER