Wednesday, October 29, 2008

{design: The Hampton Designer Showhouse}

I'm just getting around to posting this... and I think it's worth the wait. There are no cameras allowed in most showhouses, but I managed to sneak some pics anyway. The blurry ones are because I was about to be busted by a cranky docent.

STATS:The house is in Sagaponack (59 Farm Court), and listed at $12.5 Million. South of the highway. 11,430 sq.ft., complete "green" energy home (solar & geo-thermal), 7,930 sq ft first & second floors- 8 bedrooms,3 with secluded private decks, 9.5 bathrooms, 5 fireplaces. Below, 3,500 sq ft of gym, sauna, steam room, and media room. Tennis court, pool and spa.

There are many things I liked and disliked about this house. Location, a ten. Layout, a seven. Interior Design, well... you be the judge. Not particularly my favorite showhouse, but there were a few interesting things.


Amazing pool area and tennis court

Georgeous kitchen outfitted with Electrolux appliances and Christopher Peacock cabinetry.



One of the few bedrooms I actually liked. Interior designed by Kevin Hart Design, Inc.





LOVE this cabinet in the shower. Great detail.


Love the large scale of the hexagonal marble tiles. I only see them in the small size out here on the West coast.

You can't really tell from the picture, but this entry table is amazing. Also, Tyra Banks was standing just off to the right of this picture. Gorgeous, also.

I liked the red paint on the woodwork of this bar area.



Little hanging tv's. Not sure what that was about...

Fuzzy wuzzy was a chair?

Look at the python chair.. to die for.

I think the designers were on LSD left over from the 60's on this room. Not so much my fave, but photographs well?




Okay, seriously, this was in the basement. And, yes, it is a torture device with a neon sign that says "swallow". No, I can not make these things up. Who decided that was appropriate for a design house?? What is that bottom hole for?

The marble detail in the medicine cabinet is genius!




No comments: