Monday, January 19, 2009

{artist: Ed Burtynsky}

I first saw Ed Burtynsky's art while visiting the Hamptons Designer Showhouse this summer. There were several pieces hanging in the living room (seen in the back left). Unfortunately, I did not make a note of his name, and it quickly left my mind. Fortunately, as I was scouring the latest House Beautiful magazine, there he was again, in a picture of the living room of the same showhouse. I featured this a while back, and you can see my pics here.

Nickel Tailings No. 34,Sudbury, Ontario 1996

Carrara Marble Quarries # 11,Carrara, Italy, 1993
Did you ever wonder where your table top, or marble floors came from? It's a miracle in itself how they can do this.
Iberia Quarries # 8,Cochicho Co., Pardais, Portugal, 2006

Oxford Tire Pile No. 8,Westley, California 1999

Shipyard #15,Qili Port, Zhejiang Province, 2005

I'm trying desperately to buy this one, but waiting for the gallery to call me back. Isn't it incredible? His work is so relevant today, and is beautiful and eye-opening at the same time.
Click Here for information on the artist

No comments: